Bacallà – bacalao in Spanish, and cod in english – is a very popular fish on the Iberian Peninsula. You can find many classic dishes using cod in a variety of ways, including what the Catalans like to call Bacallà a la Llauna. It started out as a dish for the poor who could not afford much other than codfish. But overtime it became such a loved dish that now, its on the top of the list of traditional Catalan meals! The dish itself is simply called “cod in a tin“, which refers to how it’s made in a baking tin in the oven! The recipe includes classic Mediterranean ingredients and it’s super easy to make!
– Olive oil
– White wine
– Cover the pieces of fish in flour & fry it in a well oiled pan until golden brown
– Place friend fish in a baking pan
– Use the pan & oil from earlier to fry 2 sliced garlic gloves
– When garlic has browned add 1/2 cup of white wine and paprika. Let it boil for a few minutes.
– Pour liquid over the fish in the pan and add chopped parsley as well
– Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.